Recognizing Excellence: Medical School Awards for Faculty
The Office of Faculty Affairs has opened up a call for nominations for the 2017 Carole J. Bland Outstanding Faculty Mentoring Award!
The Carole J. Bland Outstanding Faculty Mentoring Award was created through the generosity of Dr. Bland’s family and friends to honor her and to underscore the commitment of the Medical School to promote mentoring among faculty. The award is meant to recognize the process by which faculty serve as role models for each other, promote the professional development of others, and create a supportive, positive working environment. For detailed eligibility criteria, please click here.
HOW TO NOMINATE A FACULTY MEMBER:
1. Nominations should be in the form of a letter of no more than two (2) typewritten pages. In preparing a submission, consider using one or more of the following approaches:
- Writing a testimonial of what your mentor has meant to you
- Describing specific behaviors and their significance
- Citing examples of mentoring interactions
- Answering these questions:
- Who has helped you adjust and flourish at the Medical School?
- How has s/he been helpful?
- Why has this been helpful?
2. Letters from three (3) additional individuals who may speak to the candidate's mentoring skills
3. The candidate's current curriculum vitae, with detailed mentoring activities
4. A completed nomination form