Guidelines, Logos and Templates
Medical School Wordmark Guidelines
The use of the Medical School Wordmark helps our audiences to quickly see that it is a University communication. All Medical School offices, departments, centers, and affiliated units should utilize the Medical School wordmark. The Medical School wordmark can not be modified in any way and should only be used in in strict accordance with University of Minnesota policy and the graphics requirements.
Official University logos include the Wordmark, Driven to Discover, Block M, Unit/Wordmark combination, Goldy Gopher, and Regents Seal. These logos have specific uses and are not interchangeable. The guidelines below explain when and how to use each of the University’s logos:
- Units may not develop new logos or alter existing logos. All Medical School-affiliated departments, units, centers and offices should use the official University of Minnesota Medical School wordmark.
- The Medical School wordmark may not be used in the profile image or other graphics created for use on social media.
- Third party logos may only be used in conjunction with University marks if a signed agreement between the University and the outside vendor or company has been executed.
- To use any logos on merchandise or apparel, see Trademark Licensing guidelines.
- Student Organizations registered through Student Unions and Activities should review specific student group guidelines.
Please contact the Medical School's Office of Communications & Marketing with questions.
Offical Medical School Wordmarks
To download the official set of Medical School wordmarks, please visit this link. Departments may not develop new wordmarks, or alter existing Medical School wordmarks.
Medical School Branded Email Header
The official Medical School email header can be viewed here. A Medical School affiliated departments, centers, offices, and units may utilize this email header. It may not be altered. Please contact the Office of Communications to request a jointly branded Medical School email header.
University Social Media Profile Images
Use a profile graphic that supports University identification. A social media profile image template is available. Please contact the Medical School's Office of Communications to request properly a branded social media icon for your department or unit.
Medical School Branded PowerPoint Template
The Medical School's branded PowerPoint template may be used by affiliated departments, faculty, and staff. The original format of the presentation may not be altered.