Resident Welcome Information
Please note: The following information is intended for faculty, staff, residents, fellows, and others who work for the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health.
Welcome to the University of Minnesota family medicine residency programs
We're excited to have you with us, and we look forward to seeing you grow as a family physician in the next three years. The following are helpful information and resources for you as you start:
General residency information
- Resident orientation schedule
All new residents are required to attend the graduate medical education orientation in the morning and the family medicine orientation in the afternoon.
- Resident Class of 2021
Names of residents in the Class of 2021.
- 2018-19 Residency programs photo composite
Names and photos of all our residents in year 2018-19.
- University of Minnesota graduate medical education (GME) resources
Resources for residents from the University of Minnesota GME office.
- Family medicine programmatic courses
Learn more about our programmatic courses as they are part of residency training. View 2018-19 course calendar
- University of Minnesota pay calendars
The University of Minnesota pays employees biweekly.
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) membership
How to become a member of STFM.
Policy and guidelines
- Resident academic business expense policy
Academic business expenses can be reimbursed up to $1,000 per academic year. This policy is only for Mankato, North Memorial, St. John's, St. Joseph's, and UMN Medical Center family medicine residents.
- Resident expense reimbursement policy
Moving expenses can be reimbursed up to $1,000. This policy is only for Mankato, North Memorial, St. John's, St. Joseph's, and UMN Medical Center family medicine residents.
- Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI) guidelines
ICSI has been developing evidence-based clinical practice guidelines to improve patient care since 1993.
- University of Minnesota family medicine graduate medical education (GME) contacts
Contact for family medicne graduate medical education.
- University of Minnesota family medicine human resources
Contacts for human resources in UMN family medicine.