Resident Academic Business Expense Reimbursement Procedures
Please note: This information is for Mankato, North Memorial, St. John's, St. Joseph's, and UMN Medical Center family medicine residents.
For Duluth, Methodist, and St. Cloud residents: Contact your residency program administrator for comparable benefit information.
Academic business expenses can be reimbursed up to $1,000 per academic year. Purchases must be made after the first day of employment to qualify. Funds not used in an academic year will be available for use in the following academic year.
Expenses eligible for reimbursement
- Clinical or educational conference expenses
- Computer hardware and accessories
- Educational or clinical software/apps
- Elective rotation travel expenses
- iPhone or smart device
- Medical or professional journals
- Professional membership dues
- Stethoscope or otoscope
- USMLE/COMLEX exam prep course materials
Expenses not eligible for reimbursement
- Digital cameras