What’s on the Medical School website
The flagship med.umn.edu is the public-facing site for the University of Minnesota Medical School, providing information for prospective MD students, current MD students, current residents and fellows, and alumni, plus information about the school including our research, education and training opportunities, patient care, news and events, and a directory of departments, centers, institutes, and programs.
Research Ethics at the University of Minnesota
We are committed to protecting research participants, upholding ethical standards, and improving our practice at every step of our work.
Visit CTSI’s Research Toolkit to find the tools, templates, information, and guidance you need to conduct research, from University organizations to federal agencies.
Looking for simulation space?
Wall of Scholarship
Biomedical Discovery District
Have you visited all five buildings of the University of Minnesota’s Biomedical Discovery District? It’s a complex of the most advanced research buildings found anywhere in the country.
The Office of Faculty Affairs provides information on promotion and tenure, policies, faculty governance, faculty development and advancement opportunities, career mentoring resources, and more.
- Resources for researchers
- Education development resources
- For physicians: Risk management and compliance
Undergraduate medical education:
Graduate medical education:
Find information about:
- Facilities at the Medical School—classroom, laboratory, and clinical learning environments for our medical students, residents, and fellows on both the Twin Cities and Duluth campuses
- Program evaluation—LCME standards for accreditation and more to assess how well we’re meeting our program objectives and performing for learners
- Professional development—Through Medical Educator Development and Scholarship (MEDS) we offer upcoming workshops, webinars, learning opportunities, and resources to help guide and develop medical education, teaching, and scholarship
For efficiency and consistency across departments, the Medical School operates with administrative centers providing key administrative services to clusters of departments. Finance, human resources, and grant pre-award processes have been centralized in these clusters, with staff working in teams.
Find out more about the administrative centers, including a full list with contact information and what Medical School groups each administrative center supports, or go directly to your administrative support center.
- ALRT: Anesthesiology, Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Radiology, Radiation Oncology Administrative Center
- BIOGEN: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, and Genetics, Cell Biology and Development Administrative Center
- CNC: Clinical Neuroscience Administrative Center
- DOM: Department of Medicine Administrative Center
- FOD: Family Medicine, Ophthalmology, and Dermatology Administrative Center
- MNPI: Microbiology, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Integrative Biology and Physiology Administrative Center
- OPs: Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health, and Pediatrics Administrative Center
- SAC: Surgical Administrative Center